Monday, March 19, 2007

Information sought Sopwith Snipe

You know the saying 'so near... yet so far....'. That's the way the Snipe is shaping out.

I have encountered difficulty obtaining information related to cockpit details and the fuel system.

I have good detail from a variety of sources of the left side of the cockpit and main instrument panel however little of the right hand side of the cockpit. I have managed to fill in many gaps but some details remain elusive. If anyone has any decent photographs of the right hand internal details of the cockpit I'd be very pleased to hear from them.

The other area I seek assistance is clarification of the fuel system. I have posted a question on this at the Aerodrome but have yet to receive a response. I'll leave things be for a few days and see how I go.

I discovered some possible sources of information on the weekend. Expensive (on my budget anyway LOL) and possibly not obtainable from Australia given the vendors' purchase options. Also possible overkill for 3D model reference material.

http://www.ww1aerojournal.org/mml1.html
http://www.replicraft.us.fm/

I am considering a number of options. We're not beaten yet. Though the Snipe may be shelved and be completed as payware at a later date. We'll see...... :)

Rob