I had hoped at one stage to finish the Sopwith Snipe before surgery. However there is still much to do to that aircraft. I still have the blurred texture of the spinning rotary engine to perfect on the external model and much to complete & possibly have to rework on the interior model. I may futher post a WIP later today.
Much of the modeling learning curve for FSX is over. I intend use a modeling pipeline of first to CFS3 then the X version. The main stumbling block is the texture mapping. FSX uses a multiple 1024 texture approach, whereas CFS3 generally uses a single texture on the exterior model. Contemporary CFS3 modelers are starting to use 2048 textures. One can use the multi texture approach in CFS3 also. However bullet holes will only appear on one of them. I'll experiment.
Current aircraft being created which I hope to complete in 2008 include:-
- Sopwith Snipe - freeware FSX/CFS3
- Sopwith Baby - freeware FSX/CFS3
- Seimens Schukert DIII/DIV - freeware (FSX/CFS3)
- Junkers D.I - freeware (FSX/CFS3)
- Albatros D.Va - freeware FSX
- Sopwith Triplane - freeware FSX
- Sopwith Dolphin - TBA
- Airco D.H.9 - TBA
- Boulton Paul Defiant Mk.1 - freeware CFS3
- Grumman F6F-3 - freeware FSX/CFS3
- Curtiss SB2C - freeware CFS3
- Me P.1112 - freeware CFS3
- Blohm und Voss BV P212.03 - freeware CFS3