Monday, October 20, 2008

Trials & Tribulations of Sarcoma & 3D Modeling

I have had to take an enforced break from any modeling actvities this last week due to the ravages of sarcoma and its treatment combined with infection.

However all is not bad. I managed to get a few hours work on the Snipe yesterday, and to say I am pleased with progress is an understatement. The exterior model is coming along nicely and I'm very pleased with the cockpit. I have decided to create an additional new texture map for the external model cockpit which will add a bit of time to the project as it will also involve a bit of remapping.

At times I find it hard to believe that this is my own creation. I hope others find it as much a pleasure to fly as I do. The only question is whether I'll have it finished before I have surgery which will be sometime in the next three weeks. I can tackle a few hours every other day at the moment. The poor old Fokkers will have to take a wee bit of a back seat for now..... this damn sarcoma!!! :( boo.... hiss.... etc. etc.

cheers

Rob