Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas

I would like to wish my blog readers a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous and happy New Year.

Hopefully 2007 will be very productive for me.

2006 has seen me on multiple learning curves ...... completing the Bristol Fighter; doing my own flight modelling and texture art; learning and refining 3D modeling techniques; modeling and animating characters; xml parts animation for FS2004 and now FSX; beta testing FSX and more recently the FSX SDK SP1.

Work on the FSX Bristol Fighter is still ongoing. Despite the SDK there is much to learn in developing for FSX and much trial and error is involved. I spent 4 days last week just tweaking my crew members and getting them to animate to my satisfaction. They shade somewhat differently in sim than they do in 3DS Max and much tweaking and trial and error was required to get them looking right across a variety of lighting conditions. However once things are learned they stay learned and matters should speed up soon.

I had hoped to have the 'Biff' for FSX out by now but alas all this tweaking, Christmas arrangements and job interiews have delayed matters a little. I still have the airfile to adjust once the visual model is complete.

The Sopwith Snipe for FSX/CFS3 is still on the list..... sometime in Q1 2007.

Merry Christmas

Rob