Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 ends and a gradual return to virtual aircraft hobbies.

I seem to be on the mend from surgery (though there's still a bit of a caveat hanging around with infection), and gradually resuming interests in hobbies etc. I've been picking away at the Sopwith Snipe trying to pick the threads of where I was at before surgery, and develop renewed interest in the project. I'm also picking away at modeling bits & pieces for various projects such a Clerget engine (also soon a Mercedes DIII) and Spandau MG08. Completion of these bits & pieces will see me move ahead with a number of projects.

I still hope to start working on detailed aircraft for rendering sometime in 2008 to allow a little bit of freedom from low/medium poly modeling. Some of the images at Military Meshes are very inspirational.... some great draftsmen & artists. I will probably dabble in conventional art too in 2008 as a counterpoint to all the precision involved in aircraft modeling. Of course music also gives me great pleasure... the Crossroads Guitar Festival 2007 DVD provided a great finish to 2007 - especially Jeff Beck , Derek Trucks and of course EC himself (now to restring my guitars LOL).

All the best for 2008 & take care.

cheers

Rob